To contact the DVLA for vehicle related enquiries, call them on the phone on 0300 790 6802. For enquiries about driver licences, call 0300 790 6801.
Driving a car is a privilege that’s regulated in the UK by the DVLA. The DVLA, or the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. They are responsible for registration and testing for both vehicle and driver. Their task also extends to taxation as well as some law enforcement-related responsibilities especially when they revoke licences and registrations as well as assist other governmental agencies with information on criminals’ records with them.
If you have business with the DVLA, then you should know just how to contact them.
DVLA Phone Numbers
- If you have any vehicle registration- related enquiries, then you can call them on the telephone on 0300 790 6802. If you’re using a textphone, then please dial : 18001 0300 123 1279.
- You can also send details of your enquiry through fax on 0300 123 0798.
- If you have enquiries pertaining to vehicle tax and SORN, then you should contact them on 0300 790 6802. If you’re using a textphone, then please dial: 18001 0300 123 1279.
- If you have any enquiries concerning the driver licences, then call the DVLA on their driver licensing enquiry phone line on 0300 790 6801.
- You can also contact them through the textphone on 18001 0300 123 1278.
- If you prefer, you can also send them a fax on 0300 123 0784 or +44 (0)1792 786 369 if you’re outside the UK.
- You can also fax them on 0300 123 0798.
- To inform the DVLA about medical conditions that affect your driver licence, call them on 0300 790 6806.
- You can also send a fax to 0845 850 0095.
- If you wish to perform a driver check on someone who is seeking employment with you or your company, then call the DVLA on 09061 393 837.
- For support in Welsh, call the DVLA on 0300 790 6819.
- Call 0906 737 0013 if your enquiries pertain to vehicle registration.
- Call 0906 737 0012 if you’re calling about driver licence-related enquiries or if you wish to inform them about a health condition.
- Call 0300 123 9000 if you’re calling about getting a MOT and any other pertinent vehicle test.
DVLA via Post
You can also write to the DVLA with vehicle enquiries:
Vehicle customer services,
If you want to write to them about medical matters, send post to:
Drivers’ medical enquiries,